Eric's driving his grandmother home after a tension-filled visit. He tells her it wouldn't kill her to be nicer to his parents, and she keels over dead. Eric's guilt-ridden, and Donna suggests he talk to his dad about how he feels. Instead he goes drinking with the guys and gets a black eye in a bar fight.
Eric thinks he killed his grandmother, Bernice, when she dies after he tells her off for being nasty to his mother and says "it wouldn't kill you to be nice", and he doesn't know how to deal with it and ends up getting into a bar fight. Red is also at a loss on how to cope with his mother's passing and is embarrassed by his emotional brother Marty, who comes to the funeral. Eventually, Eric admits to Red what he said to Bernice just before she died, but Red is more than forgiving (and very amused at the fact this sort of thing would only happen to Eric).
- Topher Grace as Eric Forman
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
Special Guest Star
- Marion Ross as Bernice Forman
- Pat Skipper as Marty Forman
- Buckley Sampson as Charlene
- Jessica Meyerson as Charlotte
- After Grandma dies in the car, she can be seen blinking while her head is on Eric's shoulder.
- Laurie says she has a final she was really unprepared for, even though we had found out she had flunked out of college in "A New Hope". Either this is a goof or a very weird lie.
- Tanya Roberts and Don Stark are absent from the main cast in this episode.
- It was set in 1976, which was supposed to be the Season 1 finale.
- mandy | BARRY MANILOW
- (don't fear) the reaper | BLUE ÖYSTER CULT
- house party | J. GEILS BAND