Eric takes Donna to dinner at the Vineyard for their first date and plans to ask her to be his girlfriend. Hyde, who's not going down without a fight, shows up at the restaurant to plead his case with Donna.
The day before Valentine's Day 1977, Hyde has arranged a "study date" at the library with Donna. Eric, however, asks Donna out to dinner at the Vineyard, Point Place 's fancy restaurant, to which she accepts, blowing off Hyde. Kelso agrees to go shopping with Jackie, thinking they will actually be having sex. Red and Kitty invite Bob and Midge over, where they realize how strange the Pinciotti's have become.
At the restaurant, Eric and Donna both order the cheapest item on the menu. The waiter does not check for ID and Eric and Donna both manage to order alcoholic beverages. Eric intends to give Donna his class ring, however she becomes too intoxicated to accept. Hyde then arrives, trying to dissuade Donna from accepting Eric's offer, while he is away from their table. However, when Eric returns Hyde realizes he has no place at their date, but takes Eric's food before leaving.
Kelso and Jackie go shopping, but afterwards, Jackie informs a surprised Kelso they will not be having sex. However, Michael manages to talk her into it. At The Hub, Donna has a coffee and sobers up, and accepts Eric's ring, making their relationship official.
- Topher Grace as Eric Forman
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Tanya Roberts as Midge Pinciotti
- Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti
- jungle boogie | KOOL & THE GANG
- disco lady | JOHNNIE TAYLOR
- popcorn | HOT BUTTER
- bennie & the jets | ELTON JOHN