Hyde moves back in with the Formans. Eric is horrified when Kitty announces her plan to redecorate the basement and proceeds to hire contractors. He's even more horrified when Donna takes her side. And Fez signs up for ballet classes to meet girls.
Kitty hires Leo and his cousin Theo (Richard Karn) to renovate the basement. Theo isn't a stoner like Leo as he became a contracter after quitting weed and rebuilding his apartment once he realized how awful it had become. Hyde moves back in with the Formans, but won't reveal why. Eventually he admits to Eric that he can't tell anyone where his dad is because his dad got back together with his mom and they won't tell him where they are.
Fez begins taking ballet lessons to meet women. He is the only man there, but is upset that the women "let him touch their thighs, but not their hearts." Kelso and Jackie make Donna realize something about herself and Eric. When Theo tells Hyde and Eric to "do what they would normally do" while he remodels, they invite him into the circle and convince him to not change the basement at all once he admits he used to be an artist.
- Topher Grace as Eric Forman
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Tommy Chong as Leo
- Richard Karn as Theo
- Shanti Lowry as Dancer
- Hyde moves back in with The Formans and tells Eric that Bud and Edna got back together and left him.
- Don Stark is absent from the main cast in this episode.
- Eric says that the basement is his Batcave, referring to the secret subterranean headquarters of Batman.
- Fez's dance fantasy mirrors many elements of the musical West Side Story.
- Hyde references the ballet The Nutcracker.
- Leo misquotes the medieval adage "Rome wasn't built in a day".